Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The Queen and the Kotatsu

Here we see the delightful Miss E deep in conversation with an Australian friend while buried deep under the only piece of furniture in my living room - my kotatsu. The kotatsu is the table with the doona sticking out from under it. But don't be fooled my friends! This isn't just any old coffee table with a doona sticking out from under it - it's a heated coffee table with a doona sticking out from under it! This device is a great way of being late for work - once you're under it you just cannot get out. Long winter evenings are going to pass very nicely under this little doozy, I can assure you!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sgt M said...

Miss T swore by those when she was in the Nippon.....

5:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

G'day Stu,

I hope this finds you and Miss E well.

Could you please explain the engineering design of the kotatsu? How is the flat panel supported?

Ron

8:39 AM  
Blogger Sir S said...

I swear by it too, now - especially when I spill my drink.

The flat panel is not supported by anything, it just doesn`t slide much because it is heavy. There is a little fan-type heater in a box under the centre of the table, and it plugs into the wall. I cannot set it above 3 (the scale goes to 7) or my feet melt!

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home