Sunday, April 16, 2006

The Illustrated Chronicles

Here I am in sunny Tottori, hiding in the University library on a Sunday afternoon to escape a sudden bout of dismal weather, and so beginning in earnest the illustrated, new and improved chronicles of my time in Japan, which began just over a week ago in Osaka. For those uninitiated into the Arcana of the MEXT (Japan Government) scholarship (what are you doing reading my blog, fell lurker?), I am spending 6 months in Tottori studying Japanese Intensively, and then I move to nearby Matsue, where I will (in theory) undertake a PhD in Statistics with the illustrious Professor Kanta Naito. The first 6 months of this blog will mostly be taken up with images and stories from sleepy Tottori, with occasional excursions to Hiroshima where the delightful Miss Ember is currently causing untold strife.

Be warned! I reserve the right to make occasional discursions on any topic I choose, without mercy or remorse. So, without further ado, let us begin ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home