Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The ancestral lands...


On Sunday I returned to my Ancestral home, Tottori, here seen in the background behind the newly-forged bronze statue of my stunningly handsome Regent, Mr. Hiroki. Mr. Hiroki's girlfriend, the charming Miss K, was giving a Taiko (drumming) performance at the biggest concert hall in Tottori, and I went along to see it.

While waiting for Miss K to finish the obligatory post-Taiko farewells to all her club, Mr. Hiroki and I returned to my ancestral lodgings to Inspect the Guard, view the sunset and watch the couples doing 'luboo luboo' (love love, aka snuggling) on the ruins of the old castle. From here I took a few rather ineffective watercolours of Tottori at sunset; I present one here for your satisfaction. See the grandeur of those lands across which I once gazed as lord and master!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is your email addy still the flashy.sans one? I tried emailing you and it bounced.

Miss Violet

P.S. Congrats on the lead story in the SMH! Very well said and a resounding chorus of 'hear, hear!'

10:09 AM  
Blogger Sir S said...

you have to drop the s: flashy.san at etc.

Yes, I was suprised I got published - my 15 seconds of fame and all that.

2:28 PM  
Blogger Sgt M said...

Published dear boy?

Do we have one of those bizarre interlinky things that leads one staright to the matter?

I do say - The Tottori Regent is looking rather dapper these days - and your watercolour compositions are duly improving...

12:36 AM  
Blogger Sir S said...

Like your own good self, Mr. Yort?

10:31 AM  
Blogger Sir S said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Sir S said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Sir S said...

here is the link

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have already read that verbose herald article. I just felt sad for the author. I thought who is this sad man needing this "soap box" in the domain. Surely he would be better off if he did some arithmetic or some thing.

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who is this Sir S anyway? Why does he need a title? I can only imagine what the S stands for. The herald article was full of it.

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home